Monday, April 7, 2014

I'M A BAD, BAD BLOGGER!

April 7, 2014

I admit it. I am a bad, bad, blogger. I am making myself a promise to try and do short blogs weekly, even if it is boring because otherwise I get too far behind and then I don't want to take the time and catch up. Sean says he might start doing some blogging on here as well.

In the last update I hinted about a job Sean and I had been chosen for. We worked (briefly!) for a social network for RV'ers called RVillage. We actually went to Vegas for three days of training. It was all very interesting and it actually helped us update some very rusty computer skills.  The job was to sell advertising for this social network called RVillage. The idea of a social network for RV'ers is really cool and we like the concept. Unfortunately, we hate selling!  And we ended up working full time and then some.  We actually left Blythe at the end of February and moved to Yuma to try our hand at selling. I know I am not cut out for it. Every time someone said no, I was heart broken! Sean was better at it but we made almost nothing and didn't enjoy it at all. We decided if we wanted to work full time we would go set our rig somewhere and get real jobs. At least then we would get a paycheck! So to say the least, it was a short lived career move! Ha!

Anyway, we spent the month of March in Yuma at Cocopah RV Resort. It was nice because we had some friends there from past experiences and we made some new ones too! We didn't get to do too much as we were "working" every day (working does not mean we were making money however!) But we did manage to take in a few sites. We went to the Lettuce festival the first weekend we were there. Your typical festival, food (in this case much produce), booths, and music.  We also went to the Yuma Territorial Prison. That was actually very interesting. The part that fascinated me the most was all the Mormon's who were imprisoned because of polygamy.  I was reading a very good book about polygamy and in particular Brigham Youngs wife who left him and condemned polygamy and traveled the country denouncing the practice.  The book was called the "Seventeenth Wife" and so all the prison information about the many who were incarcerated for being polygamists was very interesting.

Inside the BIG House of Yuma

We also went on a walk down by the river one day. It was nice but dusty. That kind of sums up Yuma.



On a side trip before we left Blythe, we went to a really fun bar out in the middle of nowhere near Lake Havasu called the Desert Bar.  You actually needed GPS coordinates to find it as there are no signs anywhere but the place is packed! Guy built it out on some desert land and it is mostly all outdoors. Great bands play there and the food is pretty good too.  The road to it is all dirt and rocky and oddly enough tons of cars are slowly making their way to it.  We went twice and had a great time. Google it sometime and if you are out that way it is worth the rough road to get there.

Desert Bar

We left Yuma at the end of March and went to Sedona. We love it here and we can camp for free so that makes it even better!  They day after we arrived, our best friends, Brad and Lisa Wierck came up and rented one of the timeshares here and we got to spend the day and night with them. We had a great time.  We always do.  We then took off the following day and went to Las Vegas. We left the rig in Sedona as we had a condo rented for three nights that we got included in a travel deal we did a while back. We took Remi with us but since it was not a pet friendly condo, we had to kennel him.  We hated the idea of it since we have only had him 3 months but we didn't have any choice. We chose a kennel near us that had a play yard that we could come visit him and take him out to play. We figured if he at least saw that we always came back, that he would still be attached to us. I think the kenneling was harder on us then him! He did great but he was very vocal when we came to visit. He has been pretty sedate since we got home but I understand that is normal when they get kenneled.

While we were in Vegas we went and saw Sean's cousin Molly and her family. We visited and had pizza one evening. I wish I had gotten a photo but I didn't even think of it. We also went and had the most popular buffet in town the Bacchanal Buffet at Ceasars Palace.  It was FABULOUS!! We also went to Fremont Street, wandered the strip quite a bit and went and saw Terry Fator.  That guy is amazing!  It was a short but action packed trip and we had a great time.  On the way home we stopped at Hoover Dam.



We got back to Sedona and by the next morning I had the worst cold of my life. Seriously, I haven't had a cold since I quit working in elementary schools but this one was a doozy! I actually just laid around and did nothing one day. Either it was a killer cold or I am turning into a wimp. Sean says wimp....  I am feeling much better now and we have gone a few hikes. Tomorrow we are going to the Grand Canyon for a day trip and I promise to take more photos and blog about it all next week!

BTW, today is my favorite granddaughters 6th birthday! Can you believe it??? We have been grandparents for 6 years already. And Carson will be 2 next month. How time flies.....

 One of my favorite baby photos of Aislynn. What a toughy she is!
Handsome Carson!

And here are just a few other Sedona snapshots......

No comments:

Post a Comment