Friday, April 25, 2014

Good bye Arizona...hello Utah!


The day after the train trip, Remi's foster mom came to visit.  We were all wondering  what he would do when he saw "Snaque" (pronounced Snake and I have no idea why that is her nickname!).  I saw her drive up so I picked up Remi and met her outside.  When she approached, Remi did his little grrrrr....and then she started talking to him and she put out her hands for him to sniff. He took a sniff, then a lick and you could almost see the light bulb come on.  He started to squirm and squeak and his tail was going crazy! I handed him to her and he covered her face in kisses squirming and squeaking with excitement! Remi doesn't like many people besides Sean and I. He generally is ambivalent to most people and he really doesn't like men at all but he loved Snaque! Obviously he is loyal to those he knows and loves. I gotta say I appreciate those traits. Anyway, we had a nice visit and lunch together. We all get along quite well. I'm sure we will be in touch forever because of our mutual "friend",  Remi.

The next day was our family reunion at my sister Roses's house. There must have been 50 people there! Truthfully many cousins I'd didn't know as they are more from my siblings era but my Perry cousin's came and so I was happy to catch up with them.  My Aunt Shirley and Uncle Steve are getting older so I was glad to visit with them as well as their kids. It was also great seeing my sibs and many nephews and nieces. The very best part was Meg getting to come! And then we also got to visit with my mother in law Lou and her boyfriend Ken.

Crazy how time just keeps marching on!

My Uncle Steve
My brother Richard
Aunt Shirley and Uncle Steve and their oldest daughter Chris talking to my brother Kent
My sister, the Sister Marife
Meg, me, my sister Rose, her daughter Anna and Marife
Ken, Lou and Meg

The next day was Easter and we just enjoyed the Sedona beauty and got ready to leave for the Grand Canyon.  It was an easy day up there and we got settled in quickly and went for a 15 mile bike ride. Then we came home, showered up and had a great dinner  with Hans and Lisa (we met them on Rvillage and hiked together in Sedona. Coincidentally they were going to the Grand Canyon the day before us).  We made plans with them to hike part way into the Canyon together the next day.  It was very windy and though our hike was only three miles round trip, it was quite a tiring three miles! The views were impressive and the trail was very busy.

Hans, Sean and I. Lisa is taking the photo

The trail

The crowds!
Cedar Point
Hans and Lisa
Ain't that the truth!!
Poor Remi!

The next day we were going to try and fit in another hike but the weather report was looking a bit cooler and windy so we set out by 9:00 a.m. to head for Monument Valley.  The drive was beautiful and we got to Goulding's campground easily.  The Goulding's came here in the 20's and helped bring the movie industry to the area. They owned our campground, a lodge, restaurant, air strip, museum and a few other things. The campground was really nice and the museum was interesting along with a cabin that John Wayne used in a movie. There was a very short but pretty walk right behind the campground we did as soon as we got set up.

Rock monster face
Rock monster face eating me....help! Lol!
Small arch

Introducing Simba!!!

The next day we got up early for our guided tour through Monument Valley. Though a bit pricey, it was well worth it since the guide could lead you onto the reservation where the regular tourist was not allowed. I think the photos speak for themselves about what a great day it was.






Our ride

Well, there are a bunch more but we are having technical difficulties getting them loaded up.  I'll do an update when we get them loaded.  We are in Moab now for a week. Spending today hunkered down while the storm passes then we will be hiking, biking and going on extreme 4x4 rides with my nephew David.

No comments:

Post a Comment